Dana Kaspereen, PhD, LPC, LCADC discusses co-occurring disorders and the different factors that go into diagnosing teens as well as the common stressors that they face today.
Lauri O'Brien, LSW and MCC Board Chair, discusses Adverse Childhood Experiences and the impact that this adversity has on individuals' health later in life. Lauri also discusses the impact ACES have on the community and their relevance to substance use.
In this episode, Tracy Koller, LCSW, and clinician with Project Community Pride of the Madison Area YMCA discusses mental health and the COVID 19 pandemic. Specifically, Tracy addresses:
- Tips for talking to kids, teens and those with developmental differences about the pandemic
- Signs that your child may have increased anxiety about the pandemic
- Self-care tips for adults/parents
Tracy and Allison Bardon, MCC Director, also share mental health and substance use recovery support service resources in this episode.
3 members of the MCC Teen Task Force answer some of the same questions that Audra Tonero answers in her interview. Teen Task Force members address:
- Tips for parents as teens transition from middle to high school
- Tips for teens as they make the transition from middle to high school
- Things they wish someone had told them about the move from middle to high school
- Insight into the college process from high school juniors